A lot of us are at the age where we think we have a lot of life figured out, and we do but there is so much to learn, to do…to feel! I have loved my many years of working with women as their trainer, life coach and friend. I have loved watching them transform their life whether it be getting healthier, getting a different job, getting better organized—watching them grow in their confidence. They have in turn taught me so much about purpose and well life. I thought I would share some of my top 10 favorites with you in hopes that we can continue to pay this wisdom forward.
- The longest conversation you’ll ever have is with yourself. Use kind words.
- Who you surround yourself with is who you become.
- It’s absolutely okay to not know what you’re doing, where your are going or what comes next. You just got here.
- Is it true? Is it kind? Is it authentic? If it is not one of those things, whatever it may be, you do not want it, and you certainly deserve better.
- You were born to make mistakes, not fake perfection (one of my favorites—thanks, Katie!)
- Comparison is a joy stealer. You are lovely and unique, even if you don’t feel like you are.
- Your life is never going to be perfect, but it is what you decide to make it. Much of your joy will be found in the smallest moments. I will also add that you source your own happiness.
- Find your gift and give it to the world.
- The girl you are now will not will not be the girl you are at 30, 40, 50 or 60. And the girls you know and admire (and are maybe even a little intimidated by now) will not be either. Don’t avoid them; find a way to connect—they could become your friends for life.
- Your voice matters and your gut never lies.
Seek out the people, places, things that inspire you to be a better person—embrace all the roads you are faced with. Don’t be afraid to try the new ones.